May 22, 2017

Finding my Tribe in Toronto

Random Friend: So you're traveling to another country to meet a bunch of people you met online?
Me: Yes I am!

And I couldn't be happier I did!


Just over one year ago, I was invited to join a collaboration called The Blended Blog.  I already knew a few of the other bloggers in the group but most were introduced to me as I started to write with them.

Instantaneously I found myself a part of the most amazing group of women.  We blog across different age groups, countries and phases in life but despite our differences, these thirteen women have become the greatest of friends and one of the strongest support systems I have in my life.  In fact, I think our differences are what makes us great!  We represent women everywhere while strengthening each other through life's ups and downs.


One year later (this past weekend), I hopped in my car to make the trek from home to Toronto, Canada where I spent the weekend meeting ten of these women in real life!  I can't express how surreal it was to see their smiling faces in front of me instead of through my computer screen.  Each and every one of them was exactly what I expected.  Their blogging voices are so authentic that I knew exactly who I was meeting.  I am so so blessed to be able to call these women my true friends now and I'm already itching to spend more time with them.

Tomorrow I want to individually honor each of these women, their unique personalities and their amazing blogs, but tonight I'm sharing some pictures from our trip!




Most of us arrived at various times on Thursday evening.  Though we had busy travel days (and some of us worked), we stayed up late embracing the excitement of meeting each other for the first time!


The next day, we took a bus tour that took us to the quaint town of Niagara on the Lake (with the cutest coffee shop), to a vineyard for wine tasting, and finally to the majestic Niagara Falls!









That evening we ate a delicious tapas-style Mexican dinner in the Distillery District of Toronto!




On Saturday we walked.  We walked a lot.  But we toured the coolest neighborhoods of Toronto and had lots of quality time to chat while we strolled.  We saw Kensington Market, ate delicious poutine at Lake View, had a photo shoot in Graffiti Alley and then shopped 'til we dropped!





Our last night together was spent in the hot tub on the roof of our downtown hotel.  We bonded some more with the skyline of Toronto and a screen filled with 80s music videos in the background.  I felt like I was in the scene of a movie!


So, to my fellow Blended Bloggers.  You inspire me, you lift me up, you are the women I aspire to be!  Thank you for being a part of my life and I can't wait to see you again!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment