May 25, 2017

France


I've had so much fun sharing my travel capsule (1, 2, 3) and trip experiences (Italy, Switzerland) with you over the last couple of weeks!  I still have one more wardrobe post coming to you on Wednesday, but today is the final installment of my Spring Break recap!

After a day in the mountains of charming Switzerland, my group of students, parents and teachers took the TGV (the fast train) into Paris.  As much as I loved my new experiences in Italy and Switzerland, my French teacher heart felt so happy to be heading "home!"  We arrived in time for a supermarket lunch and time at Notre Dame.  The trees were in bloom and the sun was shining making for a lovely afternoon!






The next morning I enjoyed all of the pastries at breakfast before hopping on a bus for a whirlwind tour of the city.


That afternoon, half of our group went to Versailles while the other half (including me) headed to my favorite neighborhood in Paris, Montmartre.  I convinced my little group to eat at my favorite café in all of Paris.  Isn't it adorable?!  If course I found a cat right outside the café.




After lunch we wandered the neighborhood, shopped (of course) and enjoyed macarons at the foot of Sacré Coeur.


That evening we took elevators to the top of Tour Montparnasse for a spectacular view of Paris!


On our last morning in Europe we toured the perfume factory, Fragonard, and then headed to the Louvre.  On tours like this you don't always get a lot of free time but we had about six glorious hours to spend as we pleased.  My teacher friends and I enjoyed lunch at a typical French café, did a lap around the Louvre and then sat in the sunshine outside.  After about an hour of lounging we made our way to L'Opéra and enjoyed a pastry along the way.






For our last evening in Paris, we had a very special treat.  We made our way to La Tour Eiffel where we hopped on a boat for a cruise down La Seine at sunset.  Paris at dusk is truly breathtaking.  We got off the boat just in time to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle before heading back to the hotel for one last night.







Overall, the trip was truly wonderful!  I loved seeing my students reactions to the magic of Europe and getting to see a few new places myself.  But it was a whirlwind full of busy days and budget-hotel beds.  These posts have been a fun way to look back at the trip while happily home.  I hope you've enjoyed "traveling" with me!  Au revoir!
SaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment