Nov 16, 2014

October Budget

Whoa!  How did it get to be November 16th already?!  I have to admit, I'm ready for the holiday season.  Bring-on the Thanksgiving feast, Christmas carols and time spent with loved ones.  I can't wait!  But before we get there, I still have to tell you about my October budget purchases!


I have to admit to having already blown my quarterly budget and we haven't even made it to December yet.  It doesn't feel good to tell you this, but I want to be transparent about what I have to work with in my wardrobe.  I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I have taken on some extra responsibilities at work lately.  The extra work also comes with some extra money.  With my first larger paycheck, I allowed myself a little splurge.  After this, though, I'm using the extra money for responsible tasks like saving.  You know you are a grown-up when you are more excited about saving than spending.  Hello, adulthood!

On to my October purchases:

1.  Cognac Purse: Original Price- $49.99 Price Spent- $37.09
I have been in the market for a "use for everything" cognac bag for several months now and found the perfect one at the Nine West Outlet.  You can see the purse in this post.
2.  Skinny Cognac Belt: Price Spent- $15.85
I went to Anthropologie to return a dress and "accidentally" found myself in the sale section.  I don't feel too terribly, though, because I got this belt for a great price!
3.  Wide Belt: Original Price- $58.00 Price Spent- $29.95
I purchased this belt during the same Anthropologie trip to replace my beloved wide cognac belt that finally fell completely apart.  While I will miss my trusty friend, I'm excited about the quality of this new belt!
4.  Pink Cardigan: Original Price- $26.94 Price Spent- $17.59
I saw this cardigan on Danielle and immediately fell in love with the blush pink color.  If I had a signature color, this would be it!
5.  Striped Tee: Original Price- $19.94 Price Spent- $13.39
See my above comment about blush pink.
6.  Buffalo Plaid Shirt: Original Price- $54.95 Price Spent- $32.97
I have been loving buffalo plaid shirts on other bloggers lately so I decided to try one for myself.  I really liked the muted tones of this one.  I think it will make for pretty winter layering.
7.  Black Wedge Booties: Original Price- $104.15 Price Spent- $74.15
This exact pair of booties is what I've had in mind to purchase all fall.  I looked around and couldn't find a pair that fit the image in my head any better.  This is a bit more than I would prefer to spend on a pair of shoes but I'm hoping that the quality makes them a smart purchase.

Total Spent October- $220.99
Total Spent this Quarter- $220.99 (Total Saved $108.84)
Total Remaining- $29

As you can see, I bought several wardrobe basics.  It feels like I spent a lot of money this month but I think I will get a lot of wear out of these staples.  Tune back in at the end of this month to see how I overspent my budget.  Haha.

As usual, linking-up with Fran's Budgeting Bloggers.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment