May 4, 2015

Birthday Dresses and Wishlists

When the month of May rolls around, I find that the sun shines a little brighter and the flowers smell a little sweeter.  Because spring has truly arrived, you ask?  Well, perhaps, but it's also my birthday month!  I don't turn a year wiser until the 28th but I love the entire month, nonetheless!

Do you know who else has a birthday this month? My sweet friend Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood!  Every year, Ada picks a few of her blogging friends to style a special birthday dress look for her to feature on her blog.  I'm so excited that I'm one of the chosen few this year...especially because I love a good birthday dress!


I chose a relaxed yet pretty ensemble, perfect for a fun evening out with friends and family!  Wearing a maxi dress made of jersey material is a great way to look feminine while staying super comfortable.  A denim jacket is one of my springtime staples because it's cute and easy to throw-on when a the weather is a bit too chilly for a dress alone.  Finally, something sparkly is a must for a perfect birthday look and these sandals fit the bill!


With my own birthday coming-up, I've got a birthday list on my mind!  My trusty tote bag that I bring to school with me every day is beginning to wear-out and I've been itching to upgrade to a sleek, leather bag.  I really like the three below.  Which one do you like the best?  

Madewell        J.Crew        Nordstrom

Here are a few other things I've been thinking about.  My favorite singer of all time, Jewel, just released a line of shirts featuring some of her lyrics and I'm in love with the one below.  I've also been  admiring the clothing from Boden for quite sometime but it's a little bit out of my price range.  Perfect for a birthday list, right?  And finally, I wear my leopard-print flats so much that a pair of similar heels might be a future closet staple for me!  What do you have on your wish list currently?

Jewel        Boden        Sole Society

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Land's End (similar, similar)
Jacket: Hand-Me-Down (similar, similar)
Flats: Target (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment