Nov 9, 2016

Guest Post: Carrie of A Lovely Little Wardrobe

Ni hao!  As you read this, I'm on a grand adventure in Beijing, China.  Don't worry, I will tell you all about it when I get back!  But for now, please enjoy the company of some of my best blogging friends who have generously agreed to guest post while I'm traveling.

Hello sweet readers! Today, I'm guest posting for my friend Whitney. You might be reading on her blog or mine but regardless..."Hello, friend! I'm glad you're here!" I hope you are doing well and enjoying the smells and colors of fall. I am beginning to wear some of my favorite colors for fall. One of my favorites is purple. I especially love purple in all of the hues and tones. That is a color that makes me feel pretty. Do you have a color or colors that just make you feel that way? What is it for you? I thought a little remix with one of my favorite fall colors would be a perfect way to share its versatility with you. First up is a look for work with a tweed skirt and a little purple sweater. This is a simple yet a put together look for the office.


If it's chilly, it would be easy to add a blazer or even a denim jacket. That's what is great about a completer piece - it can be added or subtracted as needed.

purple sweater + tweed skirt


These nude wedges are new this season. I am adoring them and wearing them almost daily. Franco Sarto and I get along well. He's becoming my go-to when looking for something for the my feet.

purple sweater + tweed skirt
 

The right shade of purple pairs well with mustard but be careful here because otherwise you might end up looking like a team mascot for various sports.

mustard skirt + purple sweater
 

purple sweater + mustard skirt


Again, simple and put together by adding a scarf. You can add and subtract a completer piece here too.
purple sweater + scarf
 

These two skirt looks are all put together with pieces from The Limited. The sweater is this season but all the other pieces are not. A fresh top or sweater can easily perk up older pieces in your wardrobe. Pick new pieces that will easily remix with older pieces and then you can extend the lives of pieces you love. For me, I love these skirts and want to keep them around again this season. This little purple sweater can also find ways to fit into my casual wear as well. My go-to skinny jeans are the best place to start in creating a casual weekend look. This particular shade of purple is perfect with a military vest or olive in general. The jeans could easily be swapped out for olive pants and a different color vest or other completer piece.

military vest + purple sweater
 

This pair of sneakers are from Keds. Cognac leather is so versatile in the shoe department. I know these will work with other skinny pants I currently have in other colors.

military vest + purple sweater + skinny jeans
 

Another quick change in this look is to remove the scarf and change out with a long necklace. Sneakers can be replaced with leopard print flats or heels. I thought my wedges would be a good alternative to flats.

military vest + purple sweater + leopard shoes

military vest + purple
 

PURPLE
So there you have it, friends. Four ways to wear purple this fall. I hope I have convinced you of the beauty of purple in your wardrobe. I'm linking up with my friends at The Blended Blog and participating in the November Finds. The purple sweater is one of my November finds. What's yours? Link it up with us today.

IMG_1446
 



Save
Signature
Save Save Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment