Sep 19, 2014

Blogging Besties: Dark Blazer

Happy Friday, friends!  It's me, Whitney, here for the September 19th edition of Blogging Besties!  Last week Alex posted this amazing polka-dotted ensemble:


I so wish that I could have taken that adorable dress to pass on, (Alex, when you are done with it, you know where to send it!) but alas, I do not own such a dress.  Instead I decided to take the dark blazer and pass it on!

Surprisingly, my grey blazer doesn't get as much wear as my pink, green and brown blazers.  I was feeling a little bit stumped about what to do with it.  When in a style rut, where do I turn?  Pinterest of course!  This pin served as my inspiration:


While I can't help but wish that fall weather were here so I can recreate this exact, layered, monochromatic outfit, it is still too warm to wear this in D.C.  So, I decided to put together a transitional ensemble.  I don't know about you, but I often forget that while the weather is changing, I don't have to cover-up on bottom and wear something lighter on top...I can reverse it!  Shorts + layers on top make a great alternative.



The basics: Dark blazer + Grey Tee + Grey Scarf + Black Shorts + Black Flats

Izzo matched so he decided to join the photo shoot.


Previous Editions of Blogging Besties:

Featured On:

What I'm Wearing:
Blazer: JCPenney (similar, similar)
Shirt: Banana Republic (similar, similar)
Scarf: Gift (similar, similar)
Shorts: Old Navy (exact)
Flats: DSW (similar, similar)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment