Mar 10, 2015

Marsala Day to Night


Have you see Pantone's Color Report for 2015 yet?  The gurus of color have announced Marsala to be the "it" hue of the year!  "Much like the fortified wine that gives Marsala its name, this robust shade incorporates the warmth and richness of a tastefully fulfilling meal, while its grounding red-brown roots point to a sophisticated, natural earthiness," (Pantone Color Report).  Fortified wine and a fulfilling meal?  Where do I sign up?

To compliment Marsala, Pantone has chosen nine other colors to be the Spring 2015 En Plein Air palette.  Lucky for you, Alex of Undergraduate Style has already done a wonderful job of showcasing and describing these lovely shades.  Today she's hosting a link-up where you get to show the world your favorite Pantone-inspired ensemble!


In a perfect twist of fate, the Anthropologie dress that I purchased in February just so happens to be Marsala!  Here are two ways I've worn this dress already!


Wearing a long-sleeved shirt under a sleeveless dress is quickly becoming my favorite way to layer!  This pairing makes the dress daytime (and school) appropriate and is perfect while there is still a bit of snow on the ground.  I'm also going to claim that this shirt is Classic Blue.  What do you think?


This is how I spiced up the dress for a special Valentine's Day date!  Suede wedge booties, a denim jacket and a tassel necklace were perfect for catching a stand-up comedy routine, attending a screening of The Princess Bride and eating deliciously greasy food with my handsome guy!

I'm also linking-up with Bri of Work Clothes, I Suppose today for Third Thursday Threads.  This month the theme is "Favorite Sale Purchase."  Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores but rarely can I afford to buy their beautiful items at full price.  For that reason, finding a great deal there is like finding a hidden treasure.  Purchasing this lovely Marsala dress for $52.95 when the original price was $158 makes this my favorite sale purchase of late!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Anthro (exact)
Gingham Shirt: Banana Republic (similar, similar)
Pearl Statement Necklace: Simply Charming Boutique (similar, similar)
Blue Tights: Nordstrom (exact)
Blue Flats: France (similar, similar)
Denim Jacket: Hand-Me-Down (similar, similar)
Tassel Necklace: LOFT (similar, similar)
Black Tights: Nordstrom (exact)
Booties: DSW (exact)

Other Link-Ups:
I Do DeClaire- Confident Twosdays
My Closet Catalogue- TARDIS TUESDAY (I'm claiming that Classic Blue is the same as TARDIS Blue)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment