Sep 2, 2015

September Wedding

It seems relatively easy to think of a pretty outfit to wear as a guest during "wedding season."  You know, June through August when it seems like you have a wedding to attend almost every weekend.  Just throw on your prettiest sundress and your strappiest sandals and you are ready to go!

Now fall weddings, that's another story entirely...especially in September!  First of all, there is the weather to contend with.  The temperatures could soar into the 80s or dip into the 60s (here in Michigan at least).  And weather aside, I know that I'm ready to look a bit more ready for fall.  So what's a girl to do?!

It's a good thing my friend Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood invited me to collaborate with her and two other lovely bloggers to feature our favorite fall-transition wedding guest looks!


So what's my answer to the September wedding-wear conundrum?  Two things: light, pretty layers and fall colors!  I know I've discussed my trouble with kimonos before, but I do love this one!  Not to mention its floral print gives it a feminine and romantic vibe-- exactly what I'm going for at a wedding.  On the practical side, it provides a bit of extra warmth on a chill almost fall evening but can be easily removed for a night on the dance floor!



Using the quintessential little black dress as a foundation, I've added elements in colors that make me think of fall!  Vibrant orange heels and floral print plus a deep green clutch take this basic dress into the cooler months.


And did you notice that my clutch speaks French?  Le Tote sure knew the way to my heart with this one!

And now let's take a look at how Ada, Carrie and Jennie dressed-up for a September Wedding!  Make sure to stop by their blogs to read about their beautiful choices!


Looks like I missed the pink memo!


What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Banana Republic Outlet (similar, similar)
Kimono: Ruche (similar, similar)
Heels: DSW (similar, similar)
Clutch: Le Tote (exact)

Where I'm linking-up!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment