Apr 1, 2016

Blogging Besties: Stripes


The Blogging Besties series is the brain child of Alex @ Undergraduate Style and Whitney @ Whitney à la Mode. In 2015 the series expanded to include Maricel @ My Closet Catelogue and me, Selah @ A Bibliophile's Style. It's based on the idea of "take one, pass it on," but we're passing on an element from another blogger's outfit. It's a fun challenge that inspires us to be creative!


Last week, Maricel looked fabulous in her retro nautical look:
The prompts she gave me were "stripes, nautical, navy blue, sensible shoes, or a dog" (she had a canine photobomber in one pic).

I knew that I wanted to wear whatever I chose to my meet up with Whitney, and I really wanted to wear this graphic tee, because I know Whitney likes it. How to make an Eiffel Tower graphic tee challenge compliant? Layers! It didn't hurt that we had a sudden cold snap that necessitated long sleeves. ;)

I dug up an old styling trick from 10-15 years ago for this look - layering a tee over a fitted long sleeve top. Apparently, this look is trending again. Who knew?

image


image
Whitney and I had a wonderful time chatting about blogging, books, teaching, and life in general. Obviously, she has already seen this outfit, but I haven't told her the prompts yet. They are: heather grey, pattern mixing (which is completely different from pattern matching), resurgent trend, and waffle knit.
Graphic tee: Old Navy (Similar)
Striped top: Old navy (similar)
Skinny Jeans: signature by levi strauss via walmart (exact)
faux chucks: target (exact)
Previous Editions of Blogging Besties
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment