Dec 20, 2017

The Holiday Series: Christmas Day Outfit

T-MINUS FIVE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!  And I'm just a little bit excited, can you tell?  Christmas is always my favorite day of the year but the holiday season this year shines a little bit brighter because it's the first my boyfriend and I are spending together.


We are fortunate that three out of the four sets of family we are spending time with this weekend live in the same town.  But that does mean lots of time popping in between houses and the car.  In this snowy Michigan weather, practical shoes are a must and a fun winter hat make a white Christmas a little bit easier.  A sparkly reindeer tee and an evergreen sweater help me to feel festive for the holiday!


Looking for some more Christmas Day outfit inspiration!  Make sure to visit the other ladies participating in The Holiday Series!




The Holiday Series: What to Wear for Christmas, the biggest Multi-Blogger Collaboration.
15 Fashion Bloggers talk about their Christmas Outfits + Traditions!


Ada: "Christmas is my favorite holiday - as if you didn't guess by how I decorate - so of course I had to wear an outfit that says Christmas. Fair isle and red buffalo plaid do that for me. The red gloves are a bonus. I had to be comfortable too for all the yummy food we will eat and since I will be spending Christmas at home this year with my immediate family, I chose a simple+casual look. Gëzuar Krishtlindjet!! That means «Merry Christmas» in Albanian."

Christine"This romantic Victorian inspired outfit is perfect for a casual Chic Christmas. I absolutely love the delicate écru lace blouse and black velvet combination. It’s a chic alternative to any holiday dress outfit. Joyeux Noël! "

Whitney: "This year I'll be sharing double the love since I will be spending Christmas Day with my boyfriend's family as well as my own!  We will be hopping from family party to family party so I need something to wear that is festive, comfy (for all that eating) and practical for braving the Michigan elements. "

Kimberly: "On Christmas Eve I go out to dinner with my family I would wear this basic, classic outfit. As a coat I will be wearing this leopard coat. It's the warmest coat I have and it was a great buy. It's about 20 years old. On Christmas I go for a more casual look and like to be comfy."

Roxanne: "I am going to be away in Munich during Christmas, but here is a festive look that I will be posting on Glass of Glam soon! I am Jewish so I don't celebrate Christmas, but I like to partake in festive outfits and go to holiday parties! This red coat screams "holiday" to me!"

Kellyann: "I host Christmas Day at our house so not only do I want to be comfortable but I want to look good as well.  Since I have no idea what the weather will really be like that day - it could be 80 or it could be 50, welcome to Florida - I chose a lightweight sweater with fun sleeves and faux leather leggings."

Jennie: "Over the years I always dressed up for Christmas to make the event even more special, especially as there were multiple family events over the day. The past couple of years I have been drawn to more comfortable looks as I now host the family celebrations in my home. My cranberry polka dot vest and plaid scarf bring some festivity to my comfortable jeans and boots."



Shelbee: "I never was a fan of holiday-themed clothing at all, but this year I decided to go outside of my comfort zone for my Christmas outfit.  I chose this adorable black and green dress from Rosegal which features a festive winter scene on the skirt.  It is short sleeved so I layered a long sleeve back tee under it for extra warmth and my  silver velvet booties completely the look perfectly.  Happy Holidays to everyone!"


Kristin: "Our last two years in Germany we have had friends and family come visit us for Christmas. This year my husband and I will be enjoying the holiday by ourselves (along with our pup) so we will make a nice dinner at home and pop some champagne. That's why I'm keeping it casual with a bell sleeve sweater, jeans, and red heels. Happy Holidays, everyone!"

Michelle: "I love this layered look for picking a Christmas tree, Christmas caroling, walking around the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights or any other outdoor activity around the holidays. This look is casual but still festive thanks to my plaid vest, cozy hat and red lip! Finish it off with a hot cocoa to keep warm!"


Linda: "This has been my Christmas Day outfit for the last three years. A skirt I found at Winners ( TJMaxx equiv) over a decade ago but on that is timeless.  Sometimes I wear it with a black cashmere sweater or with a white lace sweater. I love the festive yet fun look of Santa and the skateboards.

Merry Christmas from my home to yours ( and from Lou too)."


Lizzie"I love untraditional holiday looks and think this look would be perfect for Christmas Eve! I adore the velvet and sparkle with the unexpected color combo and print."

Lee"This year we are spending Christmas at the beach.  I am packing light with comfortable clothing.  This outfit is perfect for any occasion.  I love leather front leggings and this faux fur coat paired together!"


Monica: "Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate!  Christmas is such a special time for me because growing up we had a lot of traditions in our household and some of those traditions I've taken with me in my own home with my fiance and fur babies.  I hope everyone has a great Christmas!"



Chrissy"Christmas morning starts at home in our pjs, but we’ve been known to drop in on family and friends as the day wears on.” 




LINDA from A Labour of Life
 LEE from Wine and Couture
ADA from Elegance and Mommyhood
SHELBEE from Shelbee on the Edge



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment