Dec 13, 2017

The Holiday Series: A Winter Wedding Outfit

Alternate title to this post:
When You Think Pictures In Front of the Alluminated Christmas Are A Good Idea


Well friends, these pictures did not turn-out quite as well as I'd hoped and this really bothers the perfectionist in me.  I thought I would be able to edit the lighting a little bit better, but oh well.  Voilà, my outfit for the Winter Wedding Edition of The Holiday Series.

In case you've missed it, The Holiday Series consists of six posts where a group of bloggers led by Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood provide holiday-themed inspiration.

Winter Wedding Outfit
Christmas Day Outfit
New Years Eve Outfit



I'm not actually attending any weddings this season nor am I going to any swanky soirées (much to my chagrin).  If I were, I probably would have bought a pretty, sparkly new dress (because is there anything better than a holiday dress?!).  

But alas, since all of my Christmas get-togethers are casual.  I decided to remix a dress already hanging in my closet.  Typically I wear this jersey-material dress more casually but I found that a sparkly necklace and a pair of velvet heels really jazzed it up!

Do you have a holiday wedding to attend?  What are you going to wear?  If you need some more inspiration, make sure to check-out the blogs below!



Save





Kellyann: "This time of year I am reaching for something with a little glamour yet comfortable.  This faux wrap dress in black is a classic piece but by adding a fun statement necklace and my short leopard coat I've added a little glamour."

Kristin:  "Would you guess that two of the items in my winter wedding look are secondhand? This black and white printed dress and coat are both thrifted! I'm talking about where I thrift in my post as well as my aversion to tights... I don't care how cold it is, if I have the choice I'll take my chances with bare legs!"

Whitney: "I'm not actually attending any weddings this season.  If I were, I probably would have wanted to buy a pretty, new holiday dress.  But instead, this post was a good exercise in wardrobe remixing!"

Chrissy: "When I think “Christmas wedding” I think silvers, blacks, reds etc, but I couldn’t resist going with this deep burgundy, ruffle top and floral skirt. These colors are everywhere right now!"

Ada: "A little black dress in velvet is the perfect dress to wear for a December Wedding since it is the Holiday season. Velvet is the IT Material of the season - so rich, elegant, dressy and beautiful. I love that this dress is in a midi length which makes it Wintery and for a pop of color I chose a coral python clutch, blush velvet pumps with a blush pink lace choker and red lipstick. I'd also wear this elegant floral kimono jacket over the dress to keep myself warm and layers are a must for a Winter Wedding or Holiday Party."


Monica: "I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season before.  As always, thanks Ada for the fun collab!  Today I've decided that for a holiday wedding I want to be comfortable and wear pants.  I paired the pants with a fun pearl top​."



Linda: "Going for a Winter Wedding on New Years Look: Heels to start off for the  more traditional look and of course a great pair of chucks for dancing into the night. I do have a shawl I will wear to cover my shoulders but heck, how fun is this amazing sequin dress from Charlotte Russe paired with J Crew Pumps or black converse."

Jennie - "A black jumpsuit is an elegant look perfect for weddings, especially in winter when you also want to stay warm. Topping it off with a bit of sparkle makes it perfectly festive for the season!"


Christine: "What I love most about this silver metallic pleated skirt is the fit and how flowy it is. This is such an elegant and chic outfit to wear to a Holiday Winter Wedding. Simply dress it up with a black satin camisole, fishnet tights, classic black pumps and layer your favorite winter coat et voila!"

Shelbee: "For my winter wedding outfit, I went for more of a dressy casual look with layered little black dresses: a button front shirt dress over a body con dress.  I kept my accessories simple with a gold link floral necklace and a black clutch. Then I let my bright pink heeled loafers be the statement.  My feeling is you can never go wrong with a little black dress and some fabulous shoes for just about any occasion!"



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment