Dec 8, 2014

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party: Part One

It seems like in the past couple of years, ugly Christmas sweater-themed events have been the thing to do during the holidays.  In fact, I can't think of a more fun way to celebrate the season than by sporting the most over-the-top, festive look imaginable while spending time with your friends and loved ones.

A few weeks ago I was invited to such a Christmas gathering but didn't own or have the time to find an ugly sweater to wear.  What's one to do in a such a situation?  Find as many festive pieces as possible and throw them all together in one ensemble!


The reindeer t-shirt, the plaid skirt, the red tights and the sequined flats?  These are all pieces that I already had in my closet and that I would wear in daily life...just not all together.  But combined into one outfit they made for the perfect party attire!



Do you have an ugly Christmas sweater party to attend but don't have the sweater?  Look through your closet for the reddest, greenest and sparkliest items, then put them all on together!  I bet you will be the most festive party-goer of them all!

Check back later this week for another idea of what to wear to a holiday party!

What I'm Wearing:
T-Shirt: J.Crew Factory (similar, similar)
Cardigan: Kohl's (similar, similar)
Skirt: J.Crew Factory (similar, similar)
Tights: Target (similar, similar)
Flats: From France (similar, similar)

Linking-Up:
I Do deClaire- Confident Twosdays
The Modern Austen- Sunday Best
My Closet Catalogue- TARDIS Tuesday
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment