Dec 10, 2014

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party: Part Two

I have a confession to make and some of you aren't going to like it: I don't like thrift stores.

I know, I know, you can find great pieces at low prices.  Typically these items are clean...and you can wash them again yourself if you want.  Blah, blah, blah.  Believe me, my friends have tried to convince me of this many times.  I just can't do it!  Something totally weirds me out about wearing something that was previously worn by some unknown being.

For this reason, I understand that I completely miss the point of a true Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  I know I'm supposed to pay pennies for such a sweater at my local Goodwill, but this just isn't something that I can bring myself to do!

Earlier this week, I showed you a cute and festive outfit that you can create even if you don't own such a sweater.  Today I'm back with a look featuring a *gasp* store-bought version!

Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties have become so popular that most major retailers from Target to Rent the Runway are selling these decked-out duds!  When I signed-up for an Ugly Christmas Sweater 5k, I turned to Etsy to find my costume!



I completed my look with some comfy reindeer leggings from White Plum and an adorable hat that was the gift I received in lieu of a t-shirt for signing-up for the run.  It was so much fun watching these hats bob up and down as racers jingled their way to the finish line (some with hot chocolate in hand).  It was a fun and healthy way to celebrate the season!

What I'm Wearing:
Sweatshirt: Etsy (exact)
Leggings: White Plum (similar, similar)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment