Dec 14, 2016

Kylie Lip Kit Review

Happy Hump Day, y'all!  I enjoyed a blizzarding snow day on Monday so my last week before Christmas Break is even shorter than anticipated.  That makes me one happy teacher!

And do you know what also makes me happy?  The Blended Blog's Cozy for the Holidays Series!  From my cuddly cat to ginormous blanket scarves, I love all things cozy.

But sometimes cozy doesn't always mean holiday glamour...and I want a little bit of both this time of the year!  My solution to looking glamorous while wrapped-up in a cozy cardigan and scarf?  Rocking a bold lip!  And lately I've been obsessed with the infamous Kylie Lip Kits!

Since a few of my fellow Blended Bloggers also sport Kylie kisses.  We thought we'd do a mini-blog hop today to show you how the different shades look on our different skin tones.  If you are arriving from Deena's blog, it's only fitting since she got me hooked on these lipsticks!


If you are unfamiliar with Kylie Lip Kits, they are lipstick sets sold by Kylie Jenner of Kardashian fame.  The set includes a lipliner and a lipstick that goes on wet but dries matte and lasts all.day.long.

As for my overall review, these lip kits are definitely long lasting!  I apply when I do my face in the morning and I still have a full lip when I wash my face before bedtime.  In fact, I have to scrub the color off and am still left with a tint when I wake up the next morning.

My only complaint is that the matte lipstick is quite drying...although that is the case with most matte lipsticks.  I definitely notice some flaking and pealing throughout the day.  I think that just means I need to invest in a lip scrub.  Does anyone have one they would recommend?  Also as a tip, I applied a bit of Burt's Bees lip balm throughout the day to smooth away the flakes.

The first color I'm featuring is a holiday special called Merry.  It is a deep burgundy-red and works well on my fair, pinkish skin tone.  Make sure that you use the lipliner with this shade (although I recommend the liner for long-lasting wear, anyways) because I did experience a bit of color bleeding around the edges of my lips.



The second color I'm wearing is Posie K.  It is a berry hue and is my favorite of the two I own.  If you've got fair skin and blue eyes, this color is for you (although I would imagine it's flattering on so many different colorings)!  I also received the gloss in this shade so that I can wear the color matte or shiny!  The top photo is the matte and the bottom is the gloss.

Ok, what do you think?  Have I sold you yet?  If you still need some convincing, hop on over to Sarah's blog to see her favorite Kylie colors!




And don't forget to link-up below for our Cozy for the Holidays Series!


SaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment