Dec 2, 2016

Blogging Besties :: A Cozy Scarf and Riding Boots

Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
  Last week, Alex made me long for fall with her autumnal-colored ensemble.

81fb5-orange-cardigan-2
 

 Thank goodness the weather has finally turned here in SoCal. Because... This week is brought to you by: “pumpkin orange, a cozy scarf, lace, and riding boots". And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: a cozy scarf and riding boots.

image-2
 

 You don't even know how long I've been waiting for sweater weather! What with our (California's) drought and our (my family's) running the A/C well into double-digit months and my getting all fired up with work drama, I desperately needed a cooling off down period. What better way to celebrate that much-anticipated chill in the air than with proper fall attire? Huzzah for OTK boots and oversized, Mr. Rogers-esque cardigans with iconic elbow patches. Hip, hip, hooray for plaid prints and wooly infinity scarves.

image-1


I also feel that this outfit brings me back to my roots. It's almost as if I've come full circle in this wild ride I call my adventure into the blogoverse. When I began my style blog, I was trying to find my "fashion voice" and I still fell back on my de rigeur uniform of button-up shirts and boots whenever I found myself straying into unfamiliar/uncomfortable territory. Multiple trends (bubble necklaces, tulle skirts, and blanket scarves, anyone?) and hundreds of dollars later, it's almost a relief to realize that what I started off with really is my signature style. Don't I just look so relaxed and comfortable in my own skin?

image
 

 I'm still a retro diva, but I feel that persona only comes out in the warmer months. I'm also still sewing and have loads of hand-crafted items to show off, many of them of the retro persuasion. But for right now, when the smell of petrichor and pine is in the air, let's indulge me and my "casual Friday" outfits, wot? For Selah’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: camel, plaid or a throwback look. Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Top - Mossimo Supply Co. Cardi – Forever 21 Scarf - eBay Jeans – Aeropostale Boots - Rue 21
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: The Run and Go by Twenty One Pilots
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment