Apr 3, 2019

Currently: April 2019


experiencing: increasingly long training runs.  I'm really in the thick of training for my first 1/2 marathon.  That means that I'm running farther than I ever thought I was capable.  Preparing for this race has been harder than I expected - I've just really had trouble getting into the running groove and improvement has been a challenge every step of the way.  But last weekend I ran eight miles.  That feels pretty darn good!

appreciating: intentional outings.  Justin and I have really tightened-up our budget lately (it turns out that wedding and honeymoon planning can be expensive, who know?).  Instead of being bummed by fewer evenings out, it's given me a deeper appreciation for the dates we do have planned.  I find myself looking forward to and savoring them more.  I'm really looking forward to trying the restaurant, New Hotel Mertens, with a group of friends this month.

wishlisting: lots and lots of stuff for the house.  This past weekend, Justin and I purchased new dressers and nightstands (we had been using mismatched pieces from our single days).  While we recoup funds, I'm anxious to purchase a new bed (we're considering something like this) to complete the furniture update.  And we've registered for new bedding that will refresh the entire room!

posting: wardrobe remixes.  That tight budget I mentioned earlier means that I don't get to buy as much clothes as I would like lately.  But you know what, I started this blog to hold myself accountable to wardrobe remixing and I think I need to get back to my roots.  Expect to see some new outfits featuring older pieces around here soon.

considering: bridal shower dress choices.  My wedding shower isn't until July, but that doesn't mean I can't start thinking about which dress to wear!  I know I want to wear a white sundress so I have been scouring all of my favorite retailers as spring dresses start popping-up!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment