Sep 29, 2017

Blogging Besties: Kimono


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of The Cheerful Closet, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Last week Alex looked so boho-chic in her embroidered kimono and hat!  She gave me the following elements to pass-on in my own look this week: a kimono, maroon, a hat or something with a fun trim.


I thought about featuring a football Saturday look with a Michigan State hat but ultimately decided to pass-on a kimono.

The few instances that I've tried a boho look, I didn't feel like it was "me" so I paired my kimono with more classic pieces: straight-legged, cropped trousers and a pair of loafers.



I was super pleased with the way that this ensemble turned-out as a summer to fall transitional outfit.  It has been unseasonably warm around here but I was able to incorporate layers without the weight of a cardigan or jacket.  Plus, velvet is also going to be a big trend again this fall and I got to break in my new, velvet loafers!

So Selah, for next week you can choose from a summer-to-fall transition, velvet, or floral for fall!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment