Sep 1, 2017

Blogging Besties: Vintage Vibe


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of The Cheerful Closet, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!



Last week Alex looked oh-so-pretty in a pencil skirt and top with feminine detailing at the sleeves.  She challenged me with the following prompts for my outfit this week: a pencil skirt, a vintage-inspired outfit or pearl jewelry.


So here you have it, ladies, my loose interpretation of a vintage-inspired outfit.  You see, I'm in the process of moving and don't have access to most of my clothing, shoes or accessories.  While planning this outfit, I couldn't find a single pencil skirt or pearl!  I do think the colors and floral print of this dress give-off a vintage vibe, though.  What do you think?

I also have a funny story about why I acquired this dress!  When I flew back from Belgium a few weeks ago, I flew into Washington D.C. so that I could spend the week traveling up the East Coast.  Well, the airline lost my suitcase.  On a direct flight.  I suppose my luggage just never made it on the plane?  In any case, I went straight from the airport to Target to buy everything that I needed for the next few days.  I purchased everything from running clothes for my 5k the next morning, to underwear to this dress!  And I'm quite pleased with it!  You gotta love impromptu Target shopping sprees!


Alright, Ms. Selah, your prompts for next week are as follows: mustard, floral print, or a piece purchased in a bind!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Target (exact)
Shoes: Bali Elf (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment