May 2, 2018

Currently: May


going: to Traverse City, Michigan and the surrounding area for Memorial Day Weekend.  My boyfriend and I are going to start the weekend by running the Bayshore 10k and then we'll spend the remaining time eating and drinking (wine) to our hearts' content.  My parents are coming, too, and I'm really looking forward to a mini-vacation with some of my favorite people.

celebrating: my birthday!  I turn 32 on Memorial Day so the above-mentioned wine consumption with my loved ones will be the perfect way to celebrate.  (If I survive the 10k first).

sharing: some big news!  At the end of the school year, I'll be leaving my current job as well as my teaching career.  Most of you know that I've been commuting an hour every morning and afternoon to teach at my current school.  It's gotten to be too much, so I made the tough decision to resign from my current position.  Not only that, but I'm only looking for jobs outside of the teaching profession.  This has been a bittersweet decision because part of me truly loves what I do.  But there are a lot of problems with the educational system and there are a lot of other interesting things out there to try!  My heart is ready for a change.  In the meantime, I've embarked on the terrifying journey of a career change and a job search.  Please send positive vibes (and job leads in the Grand Rapids area).

wearing: all the dresses!  Now that winter is finally over, I'm ready to wear all of the pretty dresses in my closet!  I've already pulled-out some old favorites and am looking forward to wearing some new beauties like the ones I got from the Gal Meets Glam Collection.

creating: new blog content.  I'm the first to admit that I was in a bit of a blog funk this winter.  Then my sweet friend Leslie pointed-out that my life is in a really different place than when I started this blog.  In 2013 I was a single girl living in Washington D.C. and was at the beginning of my teaching career.  Today I'm creating a home with my love, enjoying new hobbies and am looking for new direction in life.  I guess my blog should be allowed to grow with me.  I'm headed in the direction of a lifestyle blog with lots of personal style still in the mix.  I don't intend to turn this blog into a diary but I do want to share some of the other aspects of my life that are important.  I hope you'll stick with me as I continue in this new direction!

Linking-up with Anne and Carrie!
SaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment