May 18, 2018

J'adore 5.18.18


Welcome to J'adore, my weekly space for sharing what makes me happy lately!

1.  Birthday Coupons.  I don't know about you, but I always plan to spend a little extra money on fun stuff during my birthday month because of all the birthday coupons flooding my inbox!  Here are three of my favorites (so if you aren't on their mailing list, I suggest signing-up)!

  • Anthropologie: I can't typically afford pieces from Anthro so I really look forward to that 15% off birthday coupon.  Each May, I allow myself a leisurely trip to an actual, physical store (you gotta smell those Anthro candles) and pick-out whatever my heart desires.  This year I came home with this top and this purse.
  • Madewell: I don't actually recall using a Madewell birthday coupon in the past, but friends, this one was the real MVP of the lot.  $25 off, no minimum purchase (yes, that's dollars, not percent).  I got this gingham dress for a whopping $18!
  • Sephora: I love the Sephora gift because you don't actually have to spend any money, you just get a birthday gift!  This year, you can choose from a lip color set from Bite Beauty or skin care products from Glam Glow.  I went with Glam Glow!
  • Other notable birthday coupon mentions: Loft ($15 off), DSW ($5 off but can be combined with other deals), Starbucks (free drink) and American Eagle (15% off).

2.  Rainbow Style.  A trend I'm loving as we move into summer are bright, fun, rainbow stripes!  I'm seeing this colorful pattern on so many pieces from button downs to bathing suits.  I may or may not have just ordered this skirt.  I'm already dreaming of it's styling potential!


3.  Missing Alices.  A few weeks ago, I mentioned the coincidence that I was reading and listening to two different mystery novels that take place at boarding schools with a supernatural touch.  Well, I've somehow done it again!  Currently, the audiobook I'm listening to and the novel I'm reading are both about characters name Alice who are missing!  I'm listening to Jodi Picoult's Leaving Time and am not sure I'm loving it.  It's been slow going so far but I'm hoping the story picks-up!  I'm also reading Force of Nature by Jane Harper.  Her first novel in the series, The Dry, was one of my favorite reads of 2017 so I have high hopes for number two!

Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment