May 4, 2018

My Birthday Best


Attention, attention: We interrupt your typical Friday programming to wish a very happy birthday to the one-and-only Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood!  If you haven't met Ada, pop on over to her blog!  She is a vivacious woman with a passion for blogging, fashion, poetry and her daughter, Vivian.  Each year on her birthday, she hosts a blog party of sorts.  She invites a few blogging buddies to style our favorite dresses and then we all post on May third and fourth to celebrate the big day!


Here is a message from Ada, herself:


Every year that I have been blogging, since I became a mom, I thought it would be fun to have a Blog Birthday Party on my blog, including other fashionistas and blogging friends. It started in 2013 and this is the 6th year of this fun birthday tradition. When I first started it in 2013 as a beginner, I invited my closest 5-6 blogging buddies who came to visit, read and comment my blog on a daily basis. Over the last 3 years this fun party has grown and it has become a two-day celebration. This year I am joined by another 20 fashionistas who I am lucky to call my friends and who are all super stylish to boot. A lot of these ladies have been celebrating my birthday with me on the blog other years too and I am very glad and flattered to see them return. Thank you beauties for making this tradition super fun, joyful and fashionable once again! Cheers with a Pinot Noir! Here is to another year of getting older and hopefully wiser!




It's a good thing our Michigan weather warmed-up just in time for the birthday party!  Actually, I've worn a dress or skirt each day this because it feels so good to not be stuck in pants or tights.

When I saw this dress from Modcloth in early March, I knew I had to have it even though it wasn't currently available for purchase.  Luckily, Modcloth has this handy feature that allows you to sign-up for e-mail alerts on specific items so that you're notified when they are back in stock.  As soon as I received my alert, you better believe it took only a matter of minutes to add to my shopping cart!

I kept my initial styling classic.  I wore the dress with a denim jacket to work but then I let the stripes be the star of the show for dinner and drinks on the patio.  Neutral wedges, simple gold jewelry and a fun clutch complete the look.


Speaking of a fun clutch, I picked this colorful one up at a local boutique the other day and wanted to showcase it for the first time on Ada's birthday.  Ada is originally from Albania but currently lives in Michigan!  I actually met her in person a few years ago.

So friends, that's it for me today!  Make sure to stop-by to wish Ada a happy birthday and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Modcloth (exact)
Short Necklace: c/o AUrate (exact)
Long Necklace: Loft (exact)
Clutch: local boutique (exact)
Wedges: Nordstrom (similar, similar)


Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment