Jan 18, 2017

New Year Styled: Lace Peplum + Link-Up


Happy Hump Day, y'all!  I've been having so much fun remixing some of my favorite pieces from 2016 for this season's New Year Styled series with the Blended Blog.  If you've missed my first couple of installments, I've already remixed a striped dress and a utility vest.


For today's post, I've decided to create a new outfit with this pretty lace peplum.  Last year I wore it to a holiday party and for date night.  This year I wanted to try something new and create a casual look.  I struggled a bit with this because, to me, the nature of the top lends itself to a more dressy occasion.



It doesn't get more casual than distressed jeans and sneakers, though!  So I knew by adding these elements I would definitely be creating a dressed-down look.  To change the effect of the top, I layered it over a striped shirt.  To be honest, I'm not actually sure how I feel about this layering.  What do you think?

What I'm Wearing:
Lace Peplum: LOFT (similar)
Striped Shirt: Banana Republic (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Converse: DSW (exact)

And while you're here, please link-up your latest remix or a look featuring this year's trends below!





SaveSaveSave
SaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment