Jan 4, 2017

New Year Styled: Striped Dress + Link-Up


After wrapping-up the year with our December Cozy Series, it's time for a new style theme for our Wednesday link-ups with The Blended Blog!  For the next two months we will be focusing on a New Year Styled.  You can interpret this prompt a couple of different ways.  One option is to style the new year's latest trends.  The other direction you can go is in styling your already-loved pieces in new and exciting ways!

I have just embarked on a Shop Free for Three Challenge with my friend, Carrie.  What does that mean?  I will not be shopping for clothing, shoes or accessories for the next three months!  This is going to be quite the challenge for me!  That being said, I'm interpreting our prompt the second way and I'm excited to get back to some good remixing!

For each week of this series, I will choose an outfit from this time last year.  I will then pick one item from that outfit and remix it to create a new ensemble!  Here is my first attempt!


You may recognize this outfit as being my favorite post from January of last year!  I absolutely love the dress that I featured.  I'm a sucker for anything striped and I love the pretty, green color.  Not to mention the ponté fabric is super comfortable!  For my remix, I wanted to do something a little more interesting than just adding a cardigan (my go-to way to wear this dress).  So I added a sweatshirt to create a skirt and top look!


Another change I made was going with navy as my neutral instead of black.  The stripes in this dress can really look like either depending on which neutral you choose!  Throw in a little bit of pattern mixing and voilà!

So what are you looking forward to doing this winter?  Remixing what you've got in your closet or jumping into the seasons latest trends?  Either way I hope you will join us by linking-up below and every single Wednesday for the next couple of months!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Sweatshirt: LOFT (similar, similar)
Tights: Nordstrom (similar, similar)
Shoes: Amazon (exact)


SaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment