Oct 21, 2016

Blogging Besties: Patriotic Superhero


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of The Cheerful Closet, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!



Last week Selah featured a great casual look for fall and had a little bit of fun with her son's Halloween costume (not pictured here).  She gave me the following prompts for this week: plaid, patriotic, menswear, or dress like a superhero!



I incorporated a bit of patriotism and a nod to my favorite hero, my brother-in-law, in my outfit today!  You might be thinking, "But she's not wearing red, white and blue or a mask of any sort!"  What I am wearing is the shirt I bought at West Point Military Academy while visiting Brad when he was a student there.

Regardless of your political opinion (and most of us have lots of those these days), I strongly believe that we should support the men and women who risk their lives to defend the values of our country.  

I would like to thank Bradford as well as anyone who has served in the military, past or present, for your courage, heart and commitment to our nation!

Love you, brother!

Here are Alex's prompts for next week: a college shirt, shades of grey, or something that reminds you of your brother!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment