Oct 28, 2016

Blogging Besties: Reminds Me of My Brother


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of The Cheerful Closet, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!


Last week, Whitney shared an outfit inspired by her brother-in-law, who attended West Point and served in the military. Like Whitney, I am very close with my brother, so today I'm sharing an outfit that reminds me of my brother!

Here's the connection: I bought this dress when I was at Clothes Mentor with my brother. He is usually away at college, but when he was home one weekend, he went to Clothes Mentor with me to take outfit photos for one of my CM Remix posts! I don't know where he learned it, but he's actually quite the photographer. Anyway, after we finished shooting the post, I found this dress and the rest is history!

Here, I styled it with a fun structured jacket from ThredUp and loafers for work!



And here is a photo of me and my brother from last Thanksgiving, just for funsies!

Photo by Justin Gardner

Dress: Clothes Mentor
Jacket: ThredUP
Shoes: Target


Next week, Maricel can choose from the following elements: structured jacket, stripes, something thrifted, or loafers!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment