May 26, 2017

Blogging Besties :: Parisian Inspired

Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
  Last week, Selah was tres chic in teal.

 


This week is brought to you by: “tassels, green & blue, or something Parisian inspired". And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: something Parisian inspired.

 

 So my vintage obsession is still going strong, but as my decades start melding into each other (no more strong 40s-inspired outfits; RIP Agent Carter), the obsession has slowly morphed into just a general love of dresses. Dresses are simple. They're classy. And they're perfect for temperate So Cal climes, especially when the mercury rises as it has been these past few days. This particular frock is from the early 60s and is my take on "Parisian inspired" because that city always calls to mind bright flowers. I've only been once in my 20s, but my memories have since been influenced by a voracious reading of WWII tales, particularly ones set in the European arena, and all those novels - no matter how bleak - somehow manage to incorporate strong flower imagery. And this dress just screams floral.

 

 The color composition is so enticing; the hues stunningly vivid. You can see me a mile away. This dress wants to be looked at and admired, and the wearer feels all the more special and beloved and confident because of it. Much like a Parisian woman. Because the dress is such a statement piece, I've minimized the accessories, keeping with a neutral shoe that, by the way, is my new favorite piece of footwear because they're both sassy and comfy. I love them so much that I bought them in 2 colors and Aly has them in the other two. We highly recommend them; they're still available at Target (shameless but unsponsored plug).

 

 For Alex's turn next week, I challenge her to the following: floral, vivid hues or comfort clothing. Vive le vendredi!


:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Dress – eBay Sneakers – Mad Love Lennie via Target
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: Let's Kill Tonight by Panic! at the Disco
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment