May 8, 2017

Spring Time Fun: Good-For-You Skincare

Happy Monday, lovelies!  Only six more Mondays of the school year...but who's counting?!  Today I'm participating in the Spring Time Fun blog hop with some of my favorites from The Blended Blog. Our topic this week is Spring Fashion and Make-Up.  If you're just arriving from the fabulous Deena's blog, bienvenue!

Since I usually blog about fashion, that's probably what you're expecting from me today.  But nope!  I'm going to try something new: a beauty product review!  When the weather finally starts to warm-up, do you find yourself in need of a new skincare regime?  I know I do!  Suddenly the thick cleansers and heavy-duty moisturizers that I need during the winter feel like too much.



So, each spring I find myself reinventing my beauty routine, and as I'm doing so this season I've found myself smitten with a new-to-me brand of products: Beauty Counter (thank you, Carrie for getting me hooked!).  Not only does Beauty Counter carry a luxurious collection of skincare products, the company is "committed to a health and safety standard that goes well beyond what is legally required in the United States."  Their website features a Never List "made up of more than 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals that they never use as ingredients."  Using these products makes your skin feel great and you can feel good about what you're putting on your face!

Continue reading to find reviews of all the products I've tried (and a link-up through The Blended Blog), but I want to mention that I'm working with my Beauty Counter Consultant, Beth, to host an online party through the end of May.  If you are interested in trying any products from Beauty Counter, this is a great opportunity because you can earn some freebies!

Purchase any Beauty Counter products through these links and you will receive a free sample of your choice of face mask.  Buy more than $100 worth of products and you will get a free Peppermint Lip Conditioner (my favorite product)!

Here’s how to claim your free mask and lip conditioner! 
  1. Shop through the links in this post - required! 
  2. Place any order to receive a mask sample. Place an order of $100+ and receive a free Peppermint Lip Conditioner. Offer good through 5/31.
  3. Forward your order confirmation email to beth@smallbiteswellness.com and include your mask sample choice (Brightening, Plumping, Balancing). 
  4. Your sample and lip conditioner will be sent separately from your order and will arrive within two weeks of your order. 
Alright, let's get to those reviews!



Charcoal Bar: This is the product that got me hooked to Beauty Counter!  I use it to wash my face every morning and let me tell you, it makes my face feel squeaky clean without being drying at all (which can be a big problem for me).  The charcoal absorbs impurities and I can't emphasize enough how clean my skin feels when I use it.



Lip Conditioner in Peppermint: The lip conditioner is hands-down my favorite Beauty Counter product (and you can get one for free with a $100 order)!  I struggle with dry, flaky lips and using this product for a few days has solved those issues!  The conditioner is a nice, thick balm but doesn't feel sticky or goopy.  The peppermint scent is fresh without feeling overwhelming.  Really, you have to try this stuff!



Brightening Mask: This mask will brighten your skin tone and even-out your complexion.  It goes on like a cream, dries (and feels a bit tight in the process), and then washes-off easily with water.  After using it, my skin felt much smoother and fresher!




Brightening Oil: I've been using this oil as a nightly moisturizer and I'm loving how my skin feels.  In general my skin feels more capable of regulating its moisture level, if that makes any sense!  The oil also has a delightful, citrusy smell.



Brightening Facial Mist: You can use this mist to set your make-up or as a refresher throughout the day.  I've been using it more as a refresher when I have plans after school and want to have that freshly made-up feeling.


You can purchase the Brightening Set as three individual items, as a collection or in travel sizes!


Cleansing Balm: This is a pretty sweet product that can be used multiple ways.  You can use it as a moisturizing mask, or may favorite way to use it is to remove my make-up in the evening.  It really feels as if your make-up melts off of your face with this balm.  Afterwards, my face feels so moisturized that I almost don't need actual moisturizer.

Have I convinced you to try any of these products?  If you have any other questions, please let me know!  If I can't answer them, I can direct you to Beth, the expert.  And since you've made it this far, please link-up your favorite springtime post below.  Now it's time to head over to Nicole's blog to see what she's talking about today!

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment