Oct 10, 2015

Create28: White After Labor Day

No white after Labor Day -- To gals that are into fashion, we know that rule is old news! But some people still take this rule to heart. No one is QUITE sure where this rule came from...I have heard varying stories. The most popular being that upper class Americans in the early 1900's used to take summer vacations away from the urban "concrete jungle" and visit cooler places--therefore wearing "cooler" type colors, including white. When they returned to the City after Labor Day, they would wear their "city clothes" (darker colors), to mark the end of the summer.

I have no idea if there is any truth to this, all I know is I love white before AND after Labor Day!!!  I have two ways I like to wear it in the fall~

1) Paired with "fallish" items such as plaids, vests, boots, etc.

2) Paired with neutrals or "winter whites."

Here are my two looks ~

Look #1 ~ Paired with plaid and a cargo vest


White Jeans: Loft (similar)
Plaid Shirt: Kohl's (similar, similar)
Cargo Vest: TJ Maxx (option)
Ankle Boots: similar, similar
Necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)


Look #2 ~ The neutrals look



White Jeans: Loft (similar)
Sweater: Nordstrom Rack (similar, similar)
Leopard Scarf: H&M (similar, similar)
Boots: Corso Como/Nordstrom (similar)

Do you **DARE** wear white after Labor Day???

We'd love for you to join us for Create28 Fall Looks! Link up with us on Mondays or use the hashtag #Create28FallLooks on social media!




Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment