Oct 21, 2015

Create28: Prints and Patterns

Prints and patterns are one way to add interest to a look. I find it helpful to have an understanding of what's in my wardrobe in order to mix things up using prints and patterns. Keeping a little inventory of pieces is one way to help grow your ability to remix. You need to know what you have in order to create looks and more looks by reusing your own pieces. Here's a few ideas that you might just have in one form or another in your wardrobe:
  • leopard print
  • animal print
  • hounds tooth
  • windowpane
  • camo
  • floral
  • stripes
  • polka dots
  • aztec
  • abstract
Once I have an idea of what's in my closet I can begin by choosing one print or pattern and create a look or two by incorporating that piece. Windowpane has always been one of my favorite prints. I own one pair of windowpane pants and two windowpane blouses. For this post, I'm choosing to style the pants. I thought it would be fun to mix a few different ideas together. The pants are typically something I tend to dress up but here I added a moto jacket to give it a little edgy feel. I haven't worn these pants in the fall season so a jewel tone seemed like a great choice for color. I'm wearing wedges here but booties would work just as well.
windowpane pants

windowpane+moto

windowpant pants+moto jacket

  I originally purchased these pants in the spring but I know they will easily transition during this fall season. Here's how I have worn them previously.

windowpane collage
   
Shop for Windowpane Pieces
Where I'm linking up.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment