Oct 3, 2015

Create28: Fall Tunics

Happy Saturday, pretty girls! I'm excited today because I am co-hosting with the gorgeous Megan from The Fashionista Mama. I love Megan's style and her family is just adorable! Go check her out!

Today it's all about Fall Tunics. I came to know, love and APPRECIATE the tunics and leggings look last fall. I had been skeptical of leggings because they reminded me too much of yoga pants! But once I found the right pair(s) of leggings, there was no going back! From then on, it was all about my quest to find the perfect tunics..you know..ones that cover all of your lady parts...FRONT AND BACK!!!

Here are my 3 favorite ways to wear tunics in the fall ~


Look #1 ~ Casual
Pretty much as comfy and casual as it gets for fall short of sweats and a big sweater! A chambray tunic and fringe scarf are great casual pieces, but still look polished.


Leggings: Hue/Nordstrom (exact, great option)
Chambray: Target (exact, option)
Scarf: via Jane.com (almost identical)
Boots: Frye (exact, similar)

Look #2: Classic
I got this Lush tunic at the Nordstrom anniversary sale and have already worn it a handful of times. It's a great transition piece and can be worn with shorts, jeans, pants....or leggings! It's super long (especially on my 5'4" frame), so it more than covers the LPs (Lady Parts). I love cropped leggings with flats while I am waiting for the weather to cool down!



Leggings: Nordstrom Brand  (exact, similar)
Tunic: Nordstrom (exact)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)
Leopard Flats (similar, similar)

Look #3: Cozy
This outfit is perfect when the temps start to drop (for good!) and you start to crave coziness and layers! I picked up this sweater tunic from Nordie's last year and wore it so much last fall and winter. I found this "blanket scarf" at Sears (of ALL places! i think i went in to get a water filter for my 'fridge and came out with a scarf!) and i like it because it's a lot less bulky than the traditional giant blanket scarves. It's still big and gives the same look, but without all the fuss.

I call my boot cuffs "California Boot Cuffs" because I don't care for super thick socks or cuffs. So I just took and thin pair of socks and cut off the toe...voila! Boot cuffs!

Leggings: Hue/Nordstrom (exact, great option)
Tunic: Nordstrom/Caslon (similar, cute option, cute option)
Scarf: Sears (similar, similar)
Boots: Frye (exact, similar)
Boot Cuffs: DIY'ed :)

I will leave you with more super cute tunics that should pass the "Covering Your Lady Parts" test :)

Click on any image for more info ~
Come back tomorrow when Carrie mixes up all sorts of fun fall colors! Then link up with us on Monday and join the Create28 fun!




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment