Oct 16, 2015

Create28: Jewel Tones

Regardless of what Pantone says, jewel tones will always be the colors that most make me think of fall!  Isn't there something about the leaves changing colors and a crisp breeze blowing that makes you want to wrap up in deep emeralds, vibrant rubies and bold golds?!


As soon as I learned that I would be featuring a look for Create28: Jewel Tones, I knew that I wanted to wear my new emerald dress from Old Navy.  This dress is absolute perfection!  It's a flattering fit and flare style, a bold beautiful color and it's striped!  The dress is unfortunately sold out online but perhaps you can still find it (and the other fun colors it comes in) in stores!



When I started styling this ensemble, I added the amethyst cardigan but something was missing.  Two hues just weren't enough for a post devoted entirely to jewel tones.  But how to add another?  I'd seen mannequins wearing layered sweaters before but had never tried it myself.  Don't they get too hot?!  I suppose not because they're mannequins-- but could this look work in real life?  Yes it can!  Neither cardigan is super heavy and the multiple layers up top were balanced by bare legs on bottom.  And I think the second cardigan provided the perfect pop of gold to complete my jewel toned outfit!

Instead of the car messing up my shot, can we just say that I added ruby to the mix?

Let's see those beautiful jewel tones on Instagram (#Create28FallLooks) and please come back to visit Casey tomorrow as she shows us how to style a cozy blanket scarf-- one of my fall favorites!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Mustard Cardigan: Target (similar)
Purple Cardigan: Old Navy (similar)
Flats: DSW (exact)




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment