Oct 9, 2015

Create28: Tights


No, no...you aren't going crazy.  I did write two posts about the same outfit today!  I was able to fulfill the requirements of both Create28: Fall Looks and Blogging Besties with one ensemble!  However, I have lots to say about both challenges so I decided to post about each separately.  You are currently reading my post about Create28!

Ahhh tights season, how I love you!  If you've spent any amount of time visiting Whitney à la mode you may have noticed that I'm most frequently found donning a skirt or a dress.  I really struggle finding pants that fit and I find skirts and dresses to be more comfortable, anyway.  Plus tights make skirts and dresses just that much better!  Not only can you change-up your look with different colored and patterned tights, but tights allow you to wear skirts that are just a wee bit short on their own!



While I could talk about the merits of tights all day long, I decided to focus on colored tights today because I know that I used to struggle with how to wear them!  I am by no means an expert or the most stylish colored tights wearer, but here are some tips that I've found help me to feel good about wearing colored tights!  And for the sake of this post, I'm considering colored tights to be anything except for black and brown.


For me, the colored tights struggle was always about finding footwear that didn't look funny stuck on the end of a pair of colorful legs.  The easiest way I've found to pair colored tights with shoes is to go for a monochromatic look.  Add a pair of boots or flats in the same color as your tights and you have a longer, not-so-awkward look!


My other favorite way to wear colored tights is with boots or booties!  If you are feeling really nervous about trying colored tights, I suggest a pair of riding boots because then you are really only showing a tiny bit of the tights!


And then there's this look.  But I already told you how much I love moccasins!

So tell me, are you brave enough to try a pair of colored tights?  And let's see all of your beautiful tights looks from today (#Create28FallLooks)!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: ASOS (similar, similar)
Cardigan: Gift (similar, similar)
Tights: Anthropologie (similar, similar)
Booties: DSW (exact)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment