Oct 13, 2015

Create28: Cape


Every once in awhile you have to branch out and try something new!  And what better time to do it than during Create28: Fall Looks!?  Late this summer, I noticed that capes and ponchos were hitting fall style line-ups.  Given my love for oversized cardigans, it was just a small (fringy) leap for me to fall for a warm, cozy cape!  Knowing that this was a look I wanted to try, I bought this beautiful reversible one from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (my first #NSale purchase ever)!



But then I got it aaaannnnnddddd I didn't know what to do with it!  So what's a clueless cape owner to do?  Consult Pinterest of course!  You can check out my board devoted entirely to capes here or the pin that inspired this look here!


I don't know about those model-looking girls on Pinterest, but I don't think this is an indoor, all day kind of an outfit.  It was very, very warm!  So heading further into the fall, I think I'm going to wear the cape in lieu of a jacket.  And next time I can't wait to wear it with the beautiful grey side facing out!

Have you tried a cape or a poncho this season?  Show us on Instagram (#Create28FallLooks) and make sure to come back tomorrow to see how Casey styles a skirt for fall!

What I'm Wearing:
Chambray: Old Navy (exact)
Cape: Nordstrom (exact)
Scarf: Zara Knock-Off (similar)
Skinnies: American Eagle (exact)
Booties: Old Navy (similar)



Where I'm linking-up!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment