Oct 20, 2015

Create28: Fall Dresses


Apparently, I have a "thing" for black and white fall dresses! In the past, I haven't been a huge black and white fan....i just thought it was so BORING and plain. It also reminded me of the days when I couldn't really dress myself and my closet was filled with black and white and NO COLOR! (sad days!!!)

However, in recent months, I've come to really embrace black and white again! However, unlike before, I hardly ever just wear plain black and white...I always try to add some "spice."

Striped Dress:cute option, cute option
Cargo Vest: option
Leopard Scarf: similar
Boots:  similar

In the above outfit, I added a little pattern mixing with stripes and leopard...one of my FAVES! I also added two other neutral, but contrasting colors (green vest and brown boots).


Plaid Dress: Target (exact)
Boots: Corso Como/Nordstrom (similar)
Scarf: Nordstrom/BP: (option,option)

In this outfit (read original post HERE), I added just a little pop of color to spice up the black and white. Also, some people think black/white and brown is not a legit color combo but I LOVE these three colors together!! The cognac provides a great contrast to the black and white without "clashing."

So to recap, here are my tips for wearing black and white ~

* Pattern mix (leopard and even plaid are great to pair with black and white)
* Add other neutral colors such as olive green or cognac
* Add a pop of color (choose colors depending in the season such as marsala for fall or yellow for summer)

Hope you will join us for Create28 this month! Link up with us Mondays or use the #Create28FallLooks on social media! Carrie is up tomorrow with more fun with patterns and prints!




Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment