Oct 23, 2015

Blogging Besties: of multiple lace tries and the final results

Image(10)

Image(11)

Image(12)

This week is brought to you by: “lace, chino pants, grey bottoms, ballet flats, head-to-toe ombré, pashmina scarf, and wood watch”. For your viewing pleasure, I give you: lace, grey bottoms, ballet flats, head-to-toe ombré, and a wood watch. The extra bits: Last week, Alex left me with a plethora of items to choose from. Her fab fall outfit was just teeming with essentials that any gal should have in her closet anyway.  

de7ee-dscn2721-001

Doncha just love how the richness of Alex's hair color pops against the white as well as being complemented by that scarf? So much so that I immediately ransacked my wardrobe, and yes! Lo and behold, all the elements were present. I put them together and was thoroughly underwhelmed. What looked effortlessly stylish on Alex looked humdrum and somewhat lacking on me. I thought perhaps it was the scarf, so I switched that out for a brighter, lighter one, but the result was not ideal either. Feeling downtrodden and uninspired, I packed up my photo gear and called it a day. Then, in the mist of hanging up the laundry, I stumbled upon my lace cardi, experienced a brain fart, rushed to my closet and grabbed the first cream top I found, and voilà! My version of the pieces sans scarf, complete with boosted happiness quotient. I guess I just had to put my own personal spin on things, which is what Blogging Besties is all about after all, right? What's funny is that I'm passing on pretty much the exact same things Alex began with. I don't think that's the intent of this feature, though, 'coz it'd be boring if we kept being so exact. So here's how I'll rethink my prompts for Selah's turn next week: a cardi, skinny jeans, a thrifted item (I got my cardi from eBay), a total steal/find (my ballet flats were a mere $9, an acquisition during Payless' BOGO), and head-to-toe ombré (because I like that effect a lot). Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Top – H&M Cardi – eBay Jeans – H&M Ballet flats – Payless
:: Linking :: Fun Fashion Friday @ Fashion Should Be Fun
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: Begin Again by Taylor Swift
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment