Feb 12, 2016

Create28: Fair Isle Sweater

I don't consider myself to be a super trendy dresser.  I'm not opposed to trends but, on a teacher's budget, I would prefer to purchase classic pieces that will stand the test of time.

Every once in awhile, though, there is a trend that I feel particularly drawn to and that I feel matches my somewhat classic style.  When fair isle sweaters started popping-up in stores this fall, the pretty patterns and cozy textures really appealed to me and I knew I wanted to add one to my closet.


There were so many fun sweaters to choose from!  I found Christmasy ones, neutral onescardigan versions, and even leggings and dresses!

But then I found this sweater from the Gap with its pretty pinks and blues and I knew it was the one!  It has that cozy, winter vibe but I think the colors will help take it into the spring transition.

 


I went with a classic look this time around with my trusty chambray and skinny jeans.  Metallic flats added a fun little pop to the outfit!  I'm thinking these shoes will be getting a lot more wear when the warmer weather rolls around.  I'm seeing lots of metallic flats and sandals on the horizon for this spring and summer!  

And you gotta love when the outerwear and purse you throw-on for errands work so well with your outfit, amiright?!

Do you have any fair isle or patterned sweaters that you are loving this winter?  Show us on Instagram (#create28winterlooks) and make sure to link-up with us on Monday!


What I'm Wearing:
Sweater: Gap (exact)
Chambray: Old Navy (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Vest: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Purse: Nordstrom Rack (similar, similar)
Flats: DSW (similar, similar)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment