Feb 2, 2016

Create28: Turtleneck

Is it just me or are turtlenecks making a comeback this year?  I, admittedly, was a little slow to jump on the turtleneck train due to some not too fond memories of the garment as a child.  I'm sure you remember the basic layering turtleneck of the nineties that my mom would make me wear under everything from a sundress to a Halloween costume?!

But would you believe it if I told you that it was my mom who convinced me that turtlenecks are chic these days?  I actually had this top sitting in my online shopping cart from LOFT but wasn't quite convinced I could like a turtleneck.  Then I went over to my parents' and guess who was wearing the exact top!?  My mom!  Between the stripes and the tunic fit, I just couldn't resist.  I am now the happy owner of a turtleneck!


I think this tunic has lots of comfy potential, but for its first outing, I went with a monochromatic look. A vest, some skinny jeans, a pendant and a simple pair of flats made for an easy but put-together look.


So tell me, are you on board the turtleneck train?  Mine is currently on sale and Shopbop has some great options for turtleneck tunics...not to mention some really cozy looking sweater tunics (did you see the fringed poncho turtleneck sweater?)!

Let's see those turtlenecks on Instagram (#create28winterlooks)!  And I hope that you'll stop by tomorrow to see how Carrie styles her stripes (my favorite pattern)!


What I'm Wearing:
Turtleneck: LOFT (exact)
Vest: Eddie Bauer (similar)
Pendant: Gift (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Flats: Amazon (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment