Feb 3, 2016

Create28: Stripes

It's Stripes Day at Create28 Winter Friends Edition. As I looked back at my featured outfit from last year using this prompt, I have to honest with you. I liked putting the look together but wearing it was a whole different thing. That look was not me. I was gifted the top to review and I did like it. It was soft and comfy and easy to style several ways, but in the end it wasn't me. It did not make the purging cut or the winter capsule. The reasons behind that were:
  • the piece wasn't really me
  • the piece was actually too big
  • the piece didn't wow me
  • bottom line - I didn't love it
StripesTX Instead of that look, the outfit that I put together a year later is me. Yes, I would wear it and yes, these items made the purging cut. Why this and not that? I like fitted clothing better than loose and flowing. I am short (5'2") and have a small frame, which means too much material can overwhelm me. It has taken me awhile to embrace having clothing fit and touch my body. I have learned that fit is extremely important so I have taken the time to get used to allowing clothing to actually fit or hug my body. Skinny jeans were so hard for me to embrace but finding the right pair made all the difference. This pair is my go to on a weekly basis. These are from The Limited and I always recommend their pants because they seem to fit well. stripe blouseI don't always leave a blouse untucked but because this is fitted it works and I like the look. stripes stripes close-uo To make the first easy look more complete, I tucked the blouse and added a sweater. Perfect for a Saturday outing or when the temps are chilly but not cold. Again, this look fits my style, personality and lifestyle. Stripes+Cardi Stripes+Cardigan stripes&cardi In the end, working through what works and what doesn't can take some time. It was and continues to be a process but the end result is I feel much more put together and less frumpy. I am cultivating a wardrobe I love! Can you relate? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

1
 
Join us tomorrow when Casey is up and featuring a Sporty Look. Don't forget to add your look to Instagram using the hashtag #create28winterlooks. Enjoy your day, lovely friends!  
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment