Feb 7, 2016

Create28: Mom and Toddler Style

Hi A Lovely Little Wardrobe, A Little Bit of Cheer, and Whitney a la Mode readers, I’m so happy to be here sharing my Create 28 look today! I really enjoyed participating in the Create 28 challenge last year, so I was thrilled when Carrie asked me to share a look for this month’s challenge. I’m all about shopping my closet and finding new ways to creatively remix my wardrobe, so I love how this challenge really encourages both of those things.


In addition to getting creative with my own wardrobe, I also love to create stylish looks for my two year-old son Jona. I admit that I have way too much fun shopping for him and creating looks that coordinate with my own. Today I’m sharing a mom and toddler look that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. The pops of red in both of our looks give a nod to the holiday, but paired with classic stripes the effect is subtle enough for any other day as well.


This year, since Valentine’s day falls on a Sunday (next Sunday, can you believe it?), I’m looking forward to spending the day as a family. I’m not sure of our plans just yet, but I know it will likely involve some quality time playing with cars or blocks, Valentine M&Ms, and possibly even a heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich to complete the day.




On Jona: striped sweater: Gap via ThredUp (similar) | button-up: Gap Factory (adorable buffalo check version) | jeans: Gap | lace-up shoes: Old Navy (similar)
On me: cardigan: Loft (similar) | striped top: Ann Taylor Factory (similar) | red cords: Gap (similar) | necklace: Bauble Bar (similar) | boots: Crown Vintage (similar)





Striped sweater: Gap via ThredUp (similar) | button-up: Gap Factory (adorable buffalo check version) | jeans: Gap | lace-up shoes: Old Navy (similar)


Cardigan: Loft (similar) | striped top: Ann Taylor Factory (similar) | red cords: Gap (similar) | necklace: Bauble Bar (similar) | boots: Crown Vintage (similar)


What are your Valentine’s Day plans this year?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment