Jul 3, 2015

Create28: A Maxi Dress Look

Happy Friday, friends! Hope everyone is ready to get the weekend party started! I also hope you are enjoying the first few days of our Create28 ~ Lovely Summer Looks! Don't forget to play along and show us your looks using #Create28SummerLooks on Instgram or link up your blog posts here every Monday in July!


Today is Maxi Dress day!! A maxi dress is one of those super versatile items in your closet--you know I'm a fan of those, right??! I like to get a lot of bang for my buck and I think when buying items of clothing it's important to be able to wear it several different ways. Even when I buy things on clearance at Target, I ask myself -- will I be able to wear with item 3 different ways? or will this item coordinate with 3 other items already in my closet?

Here I dressed up this jade green maxi dress with some simple jewelry, wedges and a clutch.


Maxi Dress: Nordstrom/Lush (exact, in Jade)
Pendant: Kendra Scott (exact, in Mother of Pearl)
Clutch: similar, similar
Bracelet: Stella and Dot (exact)

Here I threw on a chambray shirt. I also did a little "inside tie" to give it even a more casual vibe. I'll wear a maxi like this tied or with the "inside tie" to the pool or just lounging around. The inside tie is also extremely helpful when your maxi length is perfect with wedges but too long with flats or flip flops.

The "inside tie."

The inside tie is super easy to do ~


Step 1 ~ Gather about 2-3 inches of fabric from the inside SIDE of your maxi skirt (the amount of fabric you will have to play around with depending how short or fitted you want the dress).


Step 2 ~ Using any hair elastic or rubber band, tie up the fabric, just like you would tie a ponytail.


Step 3 ~ Turn dress back the correct way and you are DONE! :) You'll end up with a cute little "inside tie." Of course you can always just tie the skirt of your dress into a big knot but this is something a little different and I feel like it's easier to walk when I tie mine up this way :)


Check back tomorrow to see my Patriotic look! Carrie and Whitney will also be showing off their red, white and blue looks too and so check them out as well! Can't wait to see you pretties as well. Use #Create28SummerLooks! Happy 4th, everyone!!!

I'll leave ya with some more fun maxi dress inspiration from my Pinterest board ~

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board Maxi Dress Looks on Pinterest.
 
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment