Jul 20, 2015

Create28: Remixing a Summer Piece

Remixing is one style trick that allows you to extend pieces throughout seasons and create new looks easily. Although I like to remix my pieces, I can sometimes have a creative block and get into a rut where it is way too easy to grab the same few items over and over again. If I take a few moments and plan ahead I am more likely to remix my looks. My example of remixing is my little striped dress. I do believe that a black and white striped dress can be a great staple in your wardrobe, I have yet to find one that I like. It's one of those elusive pieces for me. Since blue has become a go-to color in my wardrobe I'm using a white and blue striped dress as a basis for my remix.

Summer Dress

After starting with the basic dress, I simply looked in my closet for a piece that would allow me to remix the dress and create a different look. The blouse I chose has the same basic colors but an opposite print. Since I'm remixing, I thought I would add a little pattern mixing too. Creating visual interest and variety continues to keep your wardrobe fresh.

Remixing Summer Piece

Remix Summe Piece w:Belt

By adding an untucked blouse and belt, the dress takes on a whole new look. It appears to have a look of a jacket and gives a professional flair to the ensemble.
Next, I simply removed the belt and tied the shirt tales to create a put together look with a more casual vibe.

Remix - tied

Remix Summer Piece - tieddress/ON {similar, similar} blouse/the limited {similar, similar} shoes/dsw {similar, similar}

I kept the accessories minimal for this look because there is a lot going on with patterns, belting and tying. I actually tried to add a necklace but it just looked out-of-place.

This is a three-fer type of look. Using two pieces and a few accessories, three outfits were created. Did you notice the shoes remained the same? This was actually a really simple look and I'm sure you can do the same by just perusing your own closet a little bit.

One of my blogger friends, Alex {Undergraduate Style} created a board for remixing. Hope you'll check it out for more inspiration.


 Tomorrow Whitney's here with her favorite jewelry. She's a Rockbox girl and should have some lovely pieces to share. Please keep reading to see our favorites and most clicked from last week...and be sure to enter the giveaway at the end of the post! Last week our link-up grew! We were excited to see it grow. Feel free to spread the word to your friends, too. We loved seeing your looks on Instagram too. #Create28Summer Looks. We each chose a favorite look from the link-up last week. Here's our reveal our favorites and the most clicked. 
Week 2 Favs

Sandy, at Sandy a la Mode, you stole our hearts with a picture perfect look and that baby...we were just gushing! Morgan, at Pampers & Pearls rocked the crop top and culottes with confidence. Jess, at Elegantly Dressed and Stylish pulled off all white with perfection. Good job, ladies! Hope to see you back again this week. The most clicked was Katie at The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life. She also rocked the all white with a little pop of color in just the right way. 

Most Clicked-Week 2 

It's time to share your looks from last week. Link 'em up ladies! We can't wait to see your lovely looks! Be sure to scroll all the way down to enter the giveaway, friends!

rp_CREATE-28-PROMO-2.jpg
#Create28SummerLooks

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment