Jul 14, 2015

Create28: Mixing My Patterns Look

I have to admit that not too long ago I would never have mixed patterns. Honestly, I might not have even mixed colors. I used to be fairly matchy-matchy and stuck closely to black, brown and grey. Thankfully, I have learned to embrace both patterns and color, which has definitely made for a more interesting wardrobe. I even find that I'm more confident when I become more bold in how I dress. Whether that is color or patterns, I have found confidence as I moved away from colors that were more drab. This is one of those bold looks. Bold prints and vibrant colors that are tamed by the mixture of black.
  Pattern MixingPattern Mixing 3

So why does this look work? The pants are a bold print but that print is not fully of color. The color comes from the pattern in the kimono. The pattern is not too large but complimentary with the print in the pants. To tie it together and keep the boldness, I chose a coral tank for under the kimono. Although there are other colors in the kimono, the coral was the most bold. This was not a difficult look to pull together. I think anyone could try something similar and I hope you'll do just that and then post your look on Instagram. Hashtag it with #Create28SummerLooks. I can't wait to see your beautiful creations, friends.
  Pattern Mixing 5

Pattern Mixing 2pants/ON {similar, similar}tank/target {exact} kimon/image {similar} shoes/dsw {similar}

Check out the Create28 Summer Pattern Mixing board.


Create28Summer2

#Create28SummerLooks
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment