Jul 12, 2015

Create28: New Hairstyle

Welcome back to Create28: Lovely Summer Looks!  I have to admit that I'm a little bit nervous about this post.  I'm here today to talk to you about one of my favorite summer hairstyles.  And here's why I'm nervous, I'm not really that good at doing hair.  My tresses are naturally curly so there are really only two clear hairstyle options: curly up and curly down.


In the past year, however, I have perfected a style that can work with all hair textures and adds a bit of interest whether you want to wear your hair up or down.  Now, this isn't a new or novel hairstyle, you've probably seen it before...the Pancaked Dutch Braid.  While I didn't create this look, I do receive lots of compliments when I wear it (and I even garner requests from my female high school students on how to achieve this look).

I learned how to Dutch Braid from Abby at Twist Me Pretty.  So, to give credit where credit is due, I'm going to share her tutorial video with you today.  You might as well learn to Dutch Braid from the expert!


So basically, a Dutch Braid is a French Braid but you place each strand under the middle section instead of over.  Don't forget to pancake!  I find that the last step is really the most important in creating a stand-out braid.  This style is fun because you can add it to all sorts of looks for a little extra pop!  Here are some of the ways you can add a Dutch Braid to other hairstyles:
-Hair down and curly
-Hair down and straight
-Hair in a topknot
-Hair in a low bun
-Hair in a side bun
-Hair in a ponytail

And while I find it hard to capture a Dutch Braid on camera (especially when taking selfies), here are a few of the many times I've sported the Dutch Braid.


Do you have a new favorite hairstyle or perhaps a summer go-to?  We would love to hear about it in the comments...or better yet, share it with us on Instagram (#create28summerlooks).  You can also link-up with us on Monday!

Looking for some more inspiration?

Follow Whitney R.'s board Summer Hair Styles on Pinterest.

Come back tomorrow to see Casey's Nautical Look!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment