Jul 21, 2015

Create28: My Favorite Jewelry

I don't know about you, but summer seems to be the season when I find motivation to get into better shape!  Perhaps it's because I can exercise outside in the sunshine.  Or maybe it's because I'm a teacher and when the school year gets hectic, exercise takes the back burner in life.

You may be wondering why I started a post about jewelry by talking about fitness.  Well, it's because I have a new jewelry item in my collection that's helping with my activity goals: a Fitbit.  These things have been on the market for sometime now but if you've never heard of one, a Fitbit is a glorified pedometer that tracks your steps and sleep patterns.  You can also use the corresponding app to log your water and calorie consumption for the day.


I've been wearing a Fitbit for about a month now and I love it!  Not only does it keep track of everything for me, but it motivates me to get extra physical activity each day.  There have been a few evenings that I've done laps around my apartment so that I can achieve my step goal for the day!

The only complaint I have about my Fitbit is that it isn't very pretty.  So here is where we combine jewelry and fitness!  I want to share with you a few things that I've done to make my Fitbit a little bit more à la mode (and I don't mean ice cream, see my sidebar if you are confused).

The simplest way to jazz-up your Fitbit is to purchase it in a color that you like.  You can also purchase extra wristbands (for less than the cost of the whole Fitbit) so that you can change-up the look.

photo courtesy of Fitbit

The easiest way that I've found to dress-up my Fitbit is to wear the band that best matches my outfit and then stack-on a few neutral bracelets.

Druzy Bangle: c/o Rocks Box
Wrap Bracelet: Gift

Another way to add a little interest to the pedometer is to wear the band that is in the same color family as the outfit you are wearing, then add other bracelets in the same family.  For example, I worked with blue and green hues here.

Bangles: Alex and Ani

A really fun way to wear a Fitbit is to choose a band that really pops against what you are wearing (like this hot pink against a navy dress).  With the band, wear a big colorful bracelet that pulls-out the colors of the Fitbit and your outfit!

Bracelet: Gift

My final tip for styling a Fitbit is to pair a band with a bracelet in the same color for a cohesive look!

Michigan Map Bracelet: Gift

Do you have any other ideas about how to style a Fitbit?  I would love to hear about them in the comments since I plan to keep wearing mine!  And what's your favorite jewelry item this summer?  Show Carrie, Casey and me on Instagram (#create28summerlooks) and don't forget to link-up on Monday.  We are also still hosting our giveaway of a $75 gift card to your choice of Gap brand stores, LOFT, Nordstrom or Target.  See below for details!

Casey is back tomorrow showing us some skirt looks!




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment