Jul 17, 2015

Create28: Summer Blues Look

There are a couple of common sayings that relate to summer. "Dog Days of Summer" and "Summer Blues". Both seem to relate to a long hot summer that can sometimes be wearing on a person. I know I've heard the "Dog Days of Summer" repeated over and over during the month of August when the temps are high and no break in it is seen on the horizon. Summer blues is tied to the emotional heath of a person who tires of the heat. For the most part I enjoy summer and the heat. Don't get me wrong though, by the end of the summer {Octoberish} I'll be impatiently waiting for cooler temps...but not today! I'm making a little play on summer blues and featuring an outfit centered on blue.
  Summer Blues 2

Summer Blues

I featured these striped shorts for my All-American Patriotic Look {here} and am glad to be remixing them for this look. I'm a big fan of stripes and these shorts give me the opportunity to try stripes in a different way other than a top.
  Summer Blues 4

Summer Blues 3

Navy and mint create a sweet color combo with dark {bolder} and light {softer}. In order to focus on blue I added a scarf which brings in other blue tones while being complimentary to the mint as well. Summer blues = summer ease for this look.

Summer Blues 5shorts/ON {similar, similar} tank/ON {similar, similar} scarf/gift {similar} wedges/dsw {similar}

Styling with blue provides so many options. It's one of your basic neutral colors which gives you lots of options when adding color. You can check my Pinterest board for more inspiration.


rp_CREATE-28-PROMO-2.jpg

#Create28SummerLooks
Whitney's up tomorrow with a favorite sneakers look for summer. Hope you'll stop back and see what she features. Have a lovely day, friends!

Where I'm linking up.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment