Jul 28, 2015

Create28: A New Summer Trend

What style trends have you noticed this summer?  A few that I have picked-up on have been lots of white-- whether it be dresses or denim,-- Birkenstocks, kimonos and swing dresses.  While I'm loving all of these looks, the trend that I am most excited about this summer is the romper!  Now, I know that the romper isn't exactly a new trend.  It's popped-up for a couple of summers now.  But I feel like this look really exploded this season with cuter-than-ever styles available.  I hesitantly dipped my toe into the pool of rompers with a simple black number.  As soon as a realized how comfy and easy it was to wear, I knew that I had to find another romper in a cute print for summer!


And then I found this beauty!  I adore every single thing about it: the print, the fit, the colors!


One thing to think about when purchasing a unique romper is it's remixability.  Unlike shorts that you can pair with different tops, a romper can only be remixed with various completer pieces, shoes and accessories, so make sure it works with what you have in your closet.  Pink and navy are colors that I wear frequently so I knew this one would work well in my wardrobe.



For this romper's first run around town, I wore it with a pink cardigan and my new favorite espadrille wedges.  Next time I might pair it with a denim jacket and a pair of cognac sandals.  I'm also thinking some navy tights and a pair of riding boots will make the romper work into the fall!

Today Carrie, Casey and I are all posting our own favorite summer trends so please pop-over to A Lovely Little Wardrobe and A Little Bit of Cheer to see what they are wearing!

Need a little extra inspiration?  Check-out our Pinterest board for favorite summer trends:

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board Favorite Summer Trends on Pinterest.

And as usual, we want to see what you've got!  Show us your favorite trend on Instagram today (#create28summerlooks) and link-up with us on Monday!  And ladies, this concludes our Create28: Lovely Summer Looks Challenge!  Thank you so much for playing with and following along.  Come back tomorrow to see my recap of the challenge.

And don't forget!  You only have a few more days to enter the giveaway for a $75 gift card.  Enter below!




Entry-Form

What I'm Wearing:
Romper: LOFT (exact)
Cardigan: Banana Republic Outlet (similar, similar)
Wedges: DSW (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment