Feb 17, 2017

Blogging Besties :: Faux Fur and Skinny Jeans

image-2
Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
  Last week, Alex went bold with her accessories, lippy, and layering piece.  

 
  This week is brought to you by: “faux fur, floral, strappy heels, and skinny jeans". And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: faux fur and skinny jeans.

image
 

 I've been feeling "fluffy" recently. Must be all that stress eating and non-treadmill walking I've indulged in. Rather than bemoan this fact, however, I'm choosing to embrace it. After all, in only a handful of months, I'll be celebrating a birthday with a "5" at the end of it - a milestone, if you will! - and I think I've earned the right to love myself and my body unabashedly, fluffiness and all. Thus, rather than choosing something slimming, I'm taking a cue from Alex and going bold with an in-your-face, non-figure-flattering, Lady Gaga-esque faux fur confection.

image-3
 
 I'm not throwing all sartorial caution to the wind, though. I'll do that when I have a couple more 5s under my belt. For now, I will continue to follow the rule of contrasts and pair my ostentatious jacket with an unassuming pair of go-to skinny jeans. Thanks for the tip challenge, Alex! For Selah’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: pastel, pink, or something Lady Gaga-esque. Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Faux fur – Merona via Target Turtleneck – Jeanne Pierre via Poshmark Jeans - Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's Boots – Merona via Target
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: Never Too Late by Three Days Grace
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment