Feb 9, 2017

Create28: Neutrals

Neutrals are my love language right along with solids. These are my comfort and where I’ve spent much of life style-wise. It wasn’t until I started blogging that I began to branch out into more colors and patterns. After patterns came pattern mixing and my world was turned upside down. Although I love all of those, I’m beginning to realize that basics are just where I fit best and what makes my life easy when I’m getting dressed.




DSC_0156

This look just makes me feel confident, content and happy. Why? Because it’s not overworked but it’s put together. Don’t get me wrong, I {we all} need some patterns and jazzy stuff to spice up our wardrobes but for a quiet introvert like me, solids and neutrals are soothing and peaceful to me. A good structured neutral look exudes confidence. That is the place I’m looking for in my style.
  DSC_0154

Putting navy and camel together seems very classic and practical. It wasn't until recently I thought to add a little grey. Pop! That was a deal maker...Previously I would have worn a statement necklace instead of this patterned grey scarf. Either one makes for a great basic neutral look. And from the Create28 archives {February 2015} was a neutral look I featured during that series.
  Neutral

Originally, these were my neutral looks for this post. It's funny how I thought these pants fit until I saw the pictures. I'm rethinking their place in my wardrobe. I would love your input. Keep or not? original neutral

We love seeing everyone's looks on Instagram. Don't forget to post yours with the hashtag #create28winter17.

#create28winter17
 

Tomorrow Whitney is up with polka dots. Love the dots. All the DOTS! Hope you day is FAB and not just neutral! Carrie ~ xoxox Save Save Save Save Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment