Feb 2, 2017

Create28: The Poncho

The poncho, this poncho is actually the first I have ever owned! I've wanted one for quite some time but just couldn't find the "perfect" one. Enter my blogging buddy Whitney. I asked her to pick out some pieces for me from Rosegal. One of those pieces was this poncho. It's amazing that people learn your style and know what would work for you just by following you and reading your posts. Whitney was one of the first "friends" I met when I started blogging. So she has read lots of my posts and looked at my style for the beginning. She totally picked something that I love!



I'm just a super fan of neutrals. I also heart plaid so this Rosegal poncho fits into those categories perfectly. Those things also fall into that classic category so I would say Whitney picked a perfect "me" piece.
  DSC_0017

The length is great for my height and this poncho isn't bulky either. It is soft and comfy though!
  DSC_0010

How do you find and pick pieces that are "you"? Do you have a little list in your head so you're not easily swept away by trends and advertising? I'm trying to remember these things while I'm shopping my closet this winter:
  • What fit of pants creates confidence? Which ones don't do that?
  • What colors flatter my skin tone? Which ones don't do that?
  • What fit/cut of tops create confidence? Which ones don't do that?
  • What type of sweater am I reaching for most often?
  • What is my signature "look" that feels and looks like me?
As I answer those questions and look at my daily outfits posted on Instagram using the hashtag #frommycloset2017, I am beginning to really narrow down my style. I'm not creating a true capsule wardrobe, although I love the idea, I realize it isn't really me. I'm adding in a little fun with bloopers and funny photos this year to my posts. There are just so many and I've just got to laugh at myself. My face and feet do the strangest things and my hubby captures them every.single.time. Also, the wind has blown mightily every.single.weekend {!!!} making it super difficult for a photo shoot. Life goes on...roll with imperfection...grace over perfect!
  poncho


#create28winter17


You can find this poncho from Rosegal. I am grateful they sponsored this post but all opinions are my own on this gorgeous piece. I'm off to post this look on Instagram using #create28winter17. Will you be joining us there? Hope so! Have a stylish day! ~Carrie xoxo   Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment