Feb 8, 2017

Create28 and New Year Styled: Over-Layerd Mustard Cardigan


I'm pulling double-duty over here today by fulfilling not one, but two style challenges!  Not only am I following today's prompt for Create28, Over-Layered, but I'm also remixing my mustard cardigan for New Year Styled at The Blended Blog!

Now, layering garments is one of the easiest ways to remix and create new looks with what's already hanging in your closet.  And when it comes to layering, you have two options: over-layering or under-layering.  I'll cover under-layering another day but for now let's stick to the first kind which is by far the easiest.  So easy in fact, that it seems silly to even write about it!  All you really have to do is layer a cardigan (or any kind of sweater or blazer) over the top of your outfit and voilà!  I've even gone the extra mile here and have layered a dress over leggings to combat the chilly weather.



And can we take a moment to talk about these leggings?  They are an ever-soft pair from the company LuLaRoe that I've blogged about in the past.  The dress (a Carly) is also from LLR and I love how the teal leggings brings-out the detail in the dress!


And, as promised, here is this week's remix for New Year Styled.  This sweater is definitely my most worn cardigan and has made several appearances on the blog.  It appears that I usually wear it in colorful ensembles and I don't plan to stop any time soon!

Alright, make sure you scroll to the bottom of this post to link-up your looks with The Blended Blog today and then come back tomorrow to check-out Carrie's interpretation of Neutrals!








Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment